WHO WE ARE
Who We Are
Patmos Library is located at 2445 Riley Street, Jamestown, MI. We are 2 miles south of the city of Hudsonville in the southeastern part of Ottawa County. Patmos Library provides services primarily to the residents of Jamestown Township as well as those belonging to Lakeland Library Cooperative member libraries.
The library holds over 48,000 materials including over 45,000 books. In total, over 73,000 items were checked out of the library during fiscal year 2008-2009 in a township of only 5,000 residents! In addition to these items, over 30,000 people entered the library for various purposes including access the Internet through the Library’s T-1 line, free wireless internet, attend a summer reading program for children or attend one of the Library’s many other events.
Our friendly and professional staff is eager to serve you. Welcome to your local library!
The mission of the Patmos Library is to provide quality materials and services that allow and encourage access to information that meets the educational, cultural, and recreational needs of the community in an atmosphere that is both welcoming and professional.
The Goals of the Patmos Library
1) To serve all residents of the community.
2) To acquire and make available such books, periodicals, music, movies, Internet access,and other services that will address the community’s need to a) become informed b) locate answers to important questions c) cultivate imaginative and creative expressions d) develop skills for career and vocational advancement e) enjoy leisure by means of reading and other forms of media services.
3) To acquire the means to provide the most frequently requested materials locally and upon demand.
4) To maintain a program of services which locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets materials for people of various backgrounds and abilities, and stimulates thinking and intellectual development in individuals of any age.
5) To strive constantly to discover new methods and improvements for better services for the library’s patrons.
6) To review regularly these goals and, if necessary, revise them in the light of new developments.
Our Customer Service Ethic
We believe in treating you right!